Thursday 18 June 2009

Summer Holiday???

I think not! i start my work experience at The Leeds Guide on the 29th of June! in this little free time i have, (just under two weeks) i am going to plan my dissertation research, try and book interviews with people about my dissertation, start making my own zine (a project that will last all summer) and plan the summer brief (a 10 minute presentation that reflects my experiences in work experience, my focus for next year) and a plan for my third year direction. All this preparation for my third year should be really useful and help me to not waste time next year and help me get right into working on briefs straight away.

Below are things i will answer before i go back to university which will help me clarify what my focus is next year, help me put together a presentation and help me start generating personal work.

Work Placement/Professional Research
* What activities have i undertaken over summer that have broadened my understanding of the design industry?
* What have i learnt from these and how will they inform my design practice?
* How have i evidenced this?


Dissertation/Theoretical Research
*Summarise the progress i have made on my dissertation in relation to primary and secondary research.(visits, interviews etc)
* How this has influenced decisions that effect my studio practice.

Design Practice/Independent Research
* What do i want to be?
* Who do i want to work with/for?
* What kind of work do i want to produce?
* What kind of audiences/contexts or areas do i want to aim my work towards/engage with?
*Identify and discuss how i have maintained my design practice using visual/type journals, live briefs and independent practical research (such as sketchbooks)


A Professional Skills Plan
* Evaluate current skills (periodically over summer)
* A plan that is informed by my experiences, ambitions, interests and skills. To use this opportunity to take control of future brief directions and put strategies in place that will help me achieve my goals.


Deliverables
* A 10 minute presentation (powerpoint/pdf)
* A completed skills profile and plan including rationale and statement of intent.
* Blog entries that document my progress over summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment