Monday 29 June 2009

Day 1 - Leeds Guide WE Diary (work experience)

Well its been information overload today! I had a late start, at 10am, i got shown around the building, told my own door code, and got straight to work! I have been laying out the small insert magazine for the Leeds Guide, called 'City Life' which focuses on city living and places to buy or rent. It has been so difficult getting used to using a PC again and using InDesign on a PC, which I've never done! After having only half an hour dinner break (which i will get everyday) i barely had time to eat and then i got started on some actual layouts of the Leeds Guide magazine pages. I love finding out all the little secrets and tricks to create a layout and make it look neat and considered while having conformity in style throughout the whole magazine. After working on the Leeds Guide pages for a while i then moved on to a separate publication that will be sent to print soon, The 'Opera in the Park' yearly publication. This was a little more interesting as it wasn't so uniform in design and had a more creative and free layout. All day i have been laying out text, headings, sub headings, paragraphs, titles, body copy........ and the only interaction with imagery was when i had to create image boxes ready for the images. I have learnt so much today, it has been like a typography session that i used to have with graham, but an extreme intense version! I think this work experience placement is going to help so much with my zine/handmade publication i am planning to produce over summer and my development in my third year (as i want to focus on publications)

No comments:

Post a Comment