Tuesday 30 June 2009

Day 2 - Leeds Guide WE Diary

Well today was pretty much the same as yesterday, except i started at 9. I worked on the same publications, but i finally had some photographs to put into the documents! I also designed the front cover for the insert of The Leeds Guide, "City Life". I created a layout for the main interview with a person who lives in Leeds, using photos of their apartment, taken by a professional photographer and text written by one of the editorial team. I think the hardest thing to get used to is learning where all the files and folders are on the computer, as well as still getting used to working on a PC. I really do feel as though i have done too much, too soon though. I have worked on three publications in two days, ( and that was all in the first day! ) i have learnt how to use their systems on their computers, i have learnt how to make text more easily legible, how to utilise columns to my advantage, how to be consistent with layouts to create a coherent design, how to set up colour, paragraph and object styles that can be used throughout the whole magazine, and how to print things of to be proofed before going to print.

No comments:

Post a Comment