Wednesday 1 July 2009

Day 3 - Leeds Guide WE Diary

well today is the day before the magazine that ive worked on goes to print. i have been quite busy today, i have focused on the "City Life" insert again and the "Opera in the Park" brochure. I received more images to work with which is always good, especially for the City Life insert as its always photos of inside peoples homes, which i always find interesting as I'm interested in Interiors, (especially these expensive, luxury apartments) and plus I'm nosey! I have the freedom to choose my favs of the photographs to put into the magazine and working with images is more interesting than just with text. I have been doing one layout for a section in the magazine today that has taken about 3 hours!!! I have been so fed up of seeing it! It has taken so long as there was only a small paragraph of text and a few pictures, all of which have just been objects floating on a white background, and with the page being white all the images look like they are randomly placed everywhere! yet i had to fill a whole page with only these few bits of information. I finally did this, then had to print the pages I've been working on to show the editor of the "City Living" insert them to be proofed. For the rest of the day i worked on the "Opera in the Park" brochure, which i think is my little project, as no one else has done anything on it or changed any of my work, i just added more pictures and more text, moved some things around and played with sizes and templates to make room for so much text! I am actually getting credited in this issue too, which is something good for my portfolio! I can't wait to see the layouts I've done, in print! Also i got asked to be interviewed for the "City Life" main interview, so i will actually be in the magazine! The photographer will be taking photos of my apartment and i will be asked questions, about what i don't know yet !

No comments:

Post a Comment