Tuesday 14 July 2009

Day 12 - Leeds Guide WE Diary

well today i started working again on the Student Guide, and as i felt i had done a total re-branding and modernising of the magazine, i told Matt (the head designer) and he looked over what i had done and he said that he really liked what i have created and they will definitely use my design elements. This will be a really good addition to my portfolio alongside the rest of the work that i hav been creating for the Leeds Guide. After working on this for a while longer i finally got to layout my interview that i had in the City living insert in the Leeds Guide. Ah this was fun! i got to read my interview and choose which of the pictures of my apartment and me got put into the magazine! so no closed eyes, scruffy gerbil cages or anything i don't want people to see! I then got to search for a cover image for the next issue and knowing it was going to be about undiscovered/secret/unknown things/areas of Leeds i immediately knew who's photographs would be ideal. one of my contacts on flickr is phil.d. His photographs are so amazing, you get to go on an adventure around Leeds without leaving your seat (and all without having to put wellies on and climb down drains or scale roof tops!) I will keep you posted on which image will be used and when it is published i will upload a picture of the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment