Saturday 19 September 2009

Michael Nobbs

Michael Nobbs is an illustrator who i found on the wonder that is the internet. You can find his blog here. One thing that he does that i found really interesting is "75 ways to draw more" which you can find details of here at flickr. I recently added him to my twitter account and he started following me back. He posts regularly to inspiring work and websites that he finds on the internet and i thought i would share my first real digital illustration with him to see what he thought of it. I got a great response and he promoted my illustration on his twitter account, which led to my illustration getting about 100 views in a short space of time. The illustration i showed him was this illustrated bird which i then developed into my book of A-Z illustrated birds. I then showed Michael my finished A-Z of birds and he promoted that too! I didn't ask him to do this, i just wanted his opinion on my work, but he thought it was good enough to share with his 23,301 followers! Below you can see a couple of spreads from his booklet of "Start to draw your life"

No comments:

Post a Comment